There are so many confusing messages around weight and health even adults can end up struggling with their own body image.
This makes it easy to understand why it can be difficult for parents and carers to know how to support their child’s body confidence as they move through childhood and adolescence.
Our parent seminars are delivered in a relaxed yet informative way and aim to help answer the following questions:
- Why is developing a healthy body image important?
- What influences my child’s body-esteem?
- How should I respond if my child talks negatively about themselves or others?
- What should I do if my child is showing signs of unhealthy eating and exercise behaviour?
- How can I be a good role model?
- Where can I access further information and support?
When student and parent sessions are delivered in combination they can also create an opportunity for a more open dialogue within families, which can also help to reinforce the young people’s learning.
- Body Confident Children and Teens (FREE webinar)
A 1.5-hour seminar for parents/carers on practical strategies for supporting positive body image in children and teens.
Register here: https://butterfly.org.au/school-youth-professionals/about-our-programs/body-confident-children-and-teens/
- Body Image Tips for Parents (FACTSHEET)
Factsheet on how to be a positive body image role model for your child.
Access here: https://butterfly.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Body-Image-Tips-for-Parents.pdf
See attached PDF provides further information about upcoming webinars for parents and carers.