The 2022 NSW Philosothon (Sydney) will be held on Saturday 24th September at North Sydney Girls High School as part of the NSW Festival of Philosophy. If you would like to participate please register here: REGISTRATION FORM. Registered schools will receive further details shortly.
- There will be FOUR COI’s based on stimulus material circulated before the competition. (There will not be a COI based on a lecture.)
- Each COI will take 50 min.
- There will be FIVE age divisions: 13, 14, 15, 16 and 16+ (as at 1/1/2022) – or Year 8, 9 ,10, 11, 12 – in keeping with the age divisions for the AAP Australasian comp.
- It makes more sense if we stick with ages rather than year groupings. In different States in Australia ages vary in the year groups and it seems inconsistent to apply Year Groupings.
- Students can compete in higher age divisions but not in lower age divisions.
- Obviously Yr 12 will not be interested, so we are expecting Yr 10 and 11 students to compete in that division.
- A team will consist of one student in each division.
- If we have room, we will allow TWO teams per school.
- Registration Fee is $100 per team
- Where there is more than one group per age division, the group composition will change with each COI.
- All schools will participate in all COI’s.
- The number of participants in COI’s will not exceed 10. (Ideally 8 max.)
- The competition will take place between 12:30 PM and 5:00 PM.
- Afternoon Tea will be provided.
- Students will submit questions related to the stimulus material in advance.
- Stimulus Material is attached.
- Each school that enters will nominate one staff member to act as a facilitator in the COI’s
- Due to the close nature of the competition, questions will NOT contribute to the point scores of participants.
If you are interested in participating in the 2022 AAP Sydney/NSW Philosothon please register your interest here before Saturday 27th August: