2014 marked the school’s centenary with an extensive program of activities which united current students, alumni, staff and the wider community in a celebration of 100 years of excellence in public education.
Opened in 1914 with an enrolment of 194 girls, the school quickly gained the status of a "first class high school". The original buildings on the corner of Hazelbank Road and the Pacific Highway were extended over the years. By the 1980s, the accommodation was cramped and failed to meet current educational needs. Years of intense lobbying for better facilities followed.
The campaign eventually succeeded when the government, having decided to close Crows Nest Boys High, transferred the girls to expanded and refurbished accommodation on the former boys' school site. In December 1993, the school moved to its present location. As a result of the move, enrolment numbers were increased and new subjects offered.
The extensive archival collection treasures much of the school’s heritage including many valuable and rare items from the past. Many items of memorabilia on display in the school’s key heritage rooms mark the development of the school and education over the last century.